Monday, July 02, 2007

Vroom Vroom


C and D are OBSESSED with all ride on toys. They bee line for them at the park, stores, on the street--anywhere. About a week ago they accosted a little kid at the park who had a Step 2 plastic push car. If they could have, they would have boosted the thing.

They also live in a place where we walk EVERYWHERE. I decided to get them their own cars because I figured we could throw them into the stroller/wagon rotation. C and D went CRAZY over the cars. I pulled the cars out of the boxes and even though they were nothing more than frames with trunks they played with them for an hour....which is an eternity by their standards.

That evening I got Andrew to put them together, and the next morning was like Christmas for them. They put "snacks" and balls in the trunks, they honked their horns, and put their "wawa" in and out of the cup holders. (For $17 more I could get a car that also had a cup holder and a battery-powered horn. TOTALLY worth it). And every once in a while one of them would say "Shayya" and they would switch cars--even though they were exactly the same.



We took them out and they waved at everyone, honked their horns, and grinned all down the street. Occasionally they even reached out and held each others hands. It was awesome.

Every morning since getting the cars they have walked up to the front door, banged on it and yelled "Vroom Vroom!" The biggest problem now is that they mutiny when I try to put them in anything else but the cars. I'm not going to lie, I want to look at them and say "I give you these cars, and THIS is how you thank me?!" Ahhh, the joys of motherhood.

No comments: