Charlotte and Dylan are becoming friends. I can't put into words how amazing it is to watch. They get excited to see each other in the morning. If we separate them even for a very short period of time, they are thrilled to be reunited. They are starting to actually play with each other instead of just around each other. They get excited to bring things to the other person (be it water, shoes, or a "nack" (snack)). They play peek a boo with each other on either side of the ottoman. They even hug each other on occasion (with mixed results as you can see).
Don't get me wrong, they still fight and they still bite each other. C is more like her father...she is almost always happy and smiling, but she hates to be alone and is always interested in whatever toy D is playing with. D is more like her mother...she is fiercely attached to the people she loves, but she is less open to new people and she often wants to be left alone to play by herself. Needless to say the differences in temperment lead to some altercations.
From the minute I found out I was having identical twin girls my biggest fear has been that they would not get along. While I know that there are likely to be ups and downs in their relationship, I'm not going to lie when I say that my heart sings with hope every time I see them laugh with each other.
Sunday, July 01, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment