C & D like to "share"....EVERYTHING. They "share" --or switch--cell phones, stuffed animals, sippy cups, toys. They switch toothbrushes mid-brushing. They play musical chairs and switch seats again and again. If I turn my back on them at dinner, I'll turn around to find that they have switched dinner plates. Their newest game is to switch cribs. They wake up in the morning or from a nap, yell 'share,' and I put them in each other's cribs and throw stuffed animals or books in them.
They have no concept of "mine"--just "share." They don't get that other kids don't easily share or trade. They have very little sense of personal space, and so they get up really close to other kids and ask "share?"...expecting that the kid will just give up the object of their affections. This past weekend we were at the park and this little girl had been on one of the play structures--a wheel that spins around--for awhile, and she was sprawled out so noone else could fit on it. C/D walked up to the wheel and stared at it for awhile. The girl's father saw and said "Can you let the little girls get on too?" She yelled "No!" D and C looked at the girl, and in sweet, pleading little voices asked "Shaaaayre??" The guy looked at them, looked at his daughter, and a split second later he'd yanked his daughter off the wheel. I almost felt sorry for him.
Tuesday, July 24, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment