Friday, June 01, 2007

NW

D has learned to shake her head no. This sounds simple, I know, but watching her put it to use is unbelievably enjoyable. The best part is that she doesn't act w/ haste...she looks right at you, gets her most serious look, and shakes her head slowly but emphatically back and forth. She does this in response to questions such as:
"D, do you want to share that with C?"
"D, do you think lion is ready to go back to bed?"
"D, can I wipe your face?"
She also does it in response to things that scare her, which include the dustbuster, the hairdryer (hence the awful state of my hair), and the vacuum. Mind you, she shakes her head before they get turned on--once on she just screams bloody murder.

I'm sure that very soon I will wish she hadn't learned to say no, but for now, I just keep trying to find a way to capture it on video (no luck yet).

No comments: