Monday, June 04, 2007

"Mammmmma"

I think it is fair to stay that D and C are starting to say 'mama.' What started as "nya nya" has become "Mammmma" and it is directed at me. They haven't figured out how to use it to get me to pick them up in the morning or after a nap, but they do seem to call me "mamma" if they see me after a few hours apart.

Honestly, it is about time! I have had to sit for MONTHS watching them bounce up and down and yell Dada! Dada! when Andrew comes in the room. I've had to smile as they pick up pictures of the two of us, point at Andrew and say "Dada." I mean really, what am I, chopped liver?

I'm sure in a few months I'll lament they ever learned the word, when I have two children tugging at my knees and yelling "mammma," both trying to get me to pick them up. But for now, it is music to my ears.

Another new development...they are starting to "color." Dylan clearly hasn't figured out that she shouldn't taste the pens first.


No comments: