Monday, June 25, 2007

Not My Day

Before Andrew left to golf for the day I had to switch cars w/ him...but C was still asleep so I left her in the apartment. Our garage is super tiny, you have to back in, busy street etc. AND I was a little stressed about having one baby still in house. I know, excuses, excuses--anyway, bottom line, I obliterated the left side view mirror. Seriously.

We drive over to Habitot in Berkeley to check it out. My mother met us. It's "Pride Day" so it's free and there are special events related to Gay families--and the first play area I see is a "recycling center." Liberal Molly is all excited about this (Andrew says "crunch crunch, that's the sound of my wife moving"). But the love affair was brief.

The other mothers aren't overly friendly--they kinda look me up and down. Not sure why..god knows I don't look put together these days, but maybe I am by Berkeley standards. They totally out-crunch me. And C/D are the only ones in there with any pink on, so maybe that was the problem.

As we are about to leave, someone puts a ladder up in the middle of the recycling center, and C is one of several kids who quickly runs over to it. Before I can walk over to get her, the person cuts down a plastic pelican hanging from the ceiling, doesn't catch it, and the thing drops on Cs head. She screams, and this b%tch, instead of apologizing, says "oh it didn't hit her." Yeah freakin' right. But i'm trying not to freak C out more so i play it all down. But it DID hit her and now she has a bump and scratch, not to mention a lifelong fear of ladders and/or plastic pelicans.

Falling pelicans made us late to leave, and I got a parking ticket.

I made several bad decisions related to naptime, and I ended up driving 45 minutes w/ a screaming D, only to have her fall asleep 5 minutes before we got home, at which point I had to literally turn around and drive 40 min north for no reason than to turn around and go back. How's that for environmentally conscious. Ugh.

Definitely not my day.

No comments: