Tuesday, June 19, 2007

BYOL....(L=Lion)

"Party in our room, 7pm. BYOL."

If the munchkins could write, I swear they'd be passing out flyers at the park. Lately, when I put them down at night, no matter how tired they are, they immediately stand up in their cribs, and the party begins.

They giggle, they laugh, they 'talk.' They lean back on their cribs w/ their arms outstretched (think Matthew McConnaghey in Dazed and Confused). They stand in the corners closest to each other and make faces at each other. They throw their lions overboard along with giraffe and bunny.

Like a sucker I walk back in the room to pick up lions...they beam and say "hiyigh" as if they had been waiting for me to join them. The minute the animals go back in C grabs them and throws them back w/ a smile (it's like being at a Red Sox game).

This continues until A) one goes to sleep and the other then starts to cry because she no longer has anyone to play with, or B) I stop going in to pick up their lions and they moan themselves to sleep.

Last night the party lasted almost two hours. .

No comments: