Monday, June 11, 2007

The Devil Wears Gerber

Today we went to the park and I felt like crazy mom with her crazy kids. C has become quite the daredevil, and instead of getting on her stomach and going down the slides feet first, she has started standing at the top of the slide and grinning from ear to ear. She toddled immediately over to the seesaws and almost knocked her chin off as she lifted it up and down. She zipped around the playground, turning around only long enough to smile at me as if to say "I know you are going to come after me, I know you are..."

We ran into Jessica Price for the first time at the park, and within a few minutes of watching me w/ C/D she said "oh my god, they are crazy!" in the sweetest way possible. She also helped me--picking D up, grabbing C and D at the bottom of the slide, and locating C when I LOST SIGHT of her for about 20 seconds because she was behind the structure. I'm not sure I would have survived the afternoon without her. And I'm sure I made a GREAT impression on her : )

Two things went through my mind this afternoon--"How does my mother handle them at the park so well by herself?" (black eye excluded) and "What the hell am I going to do when D starts walking?????"

(I know, I have lots of pictures of them topless...if you saw how messy C was while eating you'd understand why her shirt almost always has to get taken off after every meal).





No comments: