Tuesday, June 26, 2007

It's Happening

I'm starting to become THAT PERSON. THAT PERSON that I always used to avoid. THAT MOTHER that I always thought was a nut case. What do I mean?

1. I talk to strangers too much. I'm like that person on the airplane I never wanted to sit next to....If someone asks me a question I find myself giving WAY too detailed of an answer. I soon realize that they are trying to get rid of me. It's like I'm watching myself from afar and thinking "shut UP already." I vow to keep to myself, but then I find another adult nearby and up go the floodgates. My current work project, which has me listening to other people talk for hours, is definitely not helping the situation.

2. I lay at wake at night worrying about leaving my children. Driving away for a night, no problem. But flying away from them, in the same plane as A, makes me a little sick to my stomach. My mother used to say she never worried about us when we were on the flight together, and I used to think "wow mom, how selfish!", but now I totally get it. I don't worry about something happening to them as much as I worry about something happening to ME. Or something happening in the scary world we live. We're leaving soon for NY sans munchkins for a Dodson family trip, and while I'm very excited, I have spent more hours late at night than I'd like to admit worrying about it. I used to roll my eyes at women like that, and now I've become ONE OF THEM.

God help me. I don't even want to know what I'm going to start doing next...

No comments: