C and D have been having a blast playing in the exersaucers that I recently put up (one is new, the other is old, had to lose a few pieces due to mildew--note to my 5 readers--sell that stuff after each kid because new stuff comes out that is better between kids and the old stuff gets ruined/plastic seems scarier, etc in the meantime). The old one is probably going to go to carmel during our trips, but in the meantime C and D have been loving them. They turn them into phone booths, restaurants, doctors offices, etc. The only problem is that I can't get them out to let little L in.
During one of their most recent adventures in the circles of neglect, the following transpired:
One calling the other: "Um Charwotte, this is Dylan. Umm, Daddy forgot to do his up-faces (going up for air) at swim class (sadly, given Andrew's swimming ability--this could happen). Now he stopped breathing!"
The other picking up the phone: "Oh no Dywan, we need to get help!"
Then 'talking on the phone again': "Ahhh Pizza Man, my Daddy forgot to do up-faces, and he stopped breathing. But um, I have to go to work, so could you take my Daddy to the hospital? You can? Oh thank you."
Then 'talking on the phone again': "Ahhh Pizza Man, my Daddy forgot to do up-faces, and he stopped breathing. But um, I have to go to work, so could you take my Daddy to the hospital? You can? Oh thank you."
Then, yelling to me: "Mommy, pizza man's taking Daddy to the hospital!"
Then (answering phone): "What, you are cutting him up? Ok, thank you."
Then (gleefully): "Mom, they are cutting him up into little pieces!"
Then (answering phone) "Oh you put his ears back on? Oh, thank you!"
Then: (excitedly) "Mom they put his ears back on!"
I am not sure what is most disturbing--that they seemed excited that Andrew had stopped breathing, that they seemed really excited that he was being cut into little pieces, that they were too busy to take him to the hospital, that they sounded frighteningly like Andrew when they said 'I have to go to work,' or that they felt close enough to the 'pizza man' to entrust him with the job????!! There is a therapy session in there somewhere, I'm sure of it.

1 comment:
Crying laughing at this - love these stories!
Post a Comment