The stats? Height: 25.5 inches (50th percentile). Weight: 17lb, 14oz (90th percentile!), and the noggin is 77th percentile.
On Father's Day LBD hung with her cousins Charlie and Josie. They kicked her ass in the sitting department, (she still needed to be held up) which appears to have spurred her to action. Within two days she was sitting up on her own.
I jumped the gun on giving her food and started with avocado about a week ago. Avocado--not a big hit, sweet potato--BIG hit. Apparently LBD doesn't trust my navigational abilities because she insists on helping guide the spoon to her mouth. This makes for a very messy mealtime (worse than C and D combined at that age).
Lila makes a lot of noises--she definitely likes to talk to people. Her noises seem pretty distinct to me too--like I can hear a 'tttt' and a 'ddddd' in them. It is pretty cool.
People comment all the time on how much she smiles. I hear "She's smiling at absolutely everyone" often.
She still pulls hair a lot, and pinches my neck while sucking her thumb (when she's tired). It is like her "comfort move." I kinda love it.
She continues to be really easy and sweet, with the one exception being sleeping through the night. For the most part she is an 11 hour a night sleeper. But if you give her an inch she'll take a mile, and so I always feel like we are just a weekend away from her being back up every 3 hours. And when she does cry at night, man does she have a set of lungs on her. Brutal.
Lila loves her sisters. She is often hard to feed because if they are within 10 feet she won't take her eyes off them.
In preparation for our trip to Colorado I've been playing "Rocky Mountain High" by John Denver for C and D. This is going to sound absurdly cheesy, but there is a line in it that says "Talk to God and listen to the casual reply." And for some reason when I hear that, I can't help but think of her.

No comments:
Post a Comment