Last week C and D started going to an outdoor camp. I love the camp--the motto is "kids being kids" and "You can do whatever you want." They spend all day playing sports, playing chase, climbing trees and going hiking. If I ask them what their favorite part of the day was they will say "Climbing dirt mountain." I love it.
The group is a mix of ages, which exposes them to a slew of new things. Some of my favorite things they have learned so far:
C: "Hey Mom, did you know you can pee in the woods?"
D: "Mom, Let's pick a name for ourselves today like we do at camp. Can we be Team Rockstar? Ok, now you say "1,2,3: Team Rockstar! No Mom, you yell it. Yell it!"
And maybe my favorite, I heard D singing some song about a boy and a girl in a canoe. It ended with something about "Kiss me baby or get out and swim." The devilish grin on D's face was priceless, (Like "I don't know exactly what I am singing about, but I know something about it is naughty.")
Wednesday, June 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
"Just a boy and a girl in a little canoe with the moon shining all around. . . " one of my camp favorites.
Post a Comment