
C=L


C=L

C=L

D with me

D

I love October. This Sunday we drove up to a farm in Marin to get pumpkins. It turned out to be a MUCH better call than our trek to Half Moon Bay to what turned out to be Commmercialization Station for Halloween. While they didn't have the pumpkins on the vine as I thought they would, it was a very pretty farm complete with animals, a vegetable garden, a gopher in the ground, and of course, the obligatory bounce house/slide. D, for someone who is scared of gnats, is a powerhouse on the slide and in the bounce house. She shows no fear even though she is inevitably the smallest one there. She runs up, lays on her back, and slides down head first! C of course mimics her and they have a great time (even when D body slammed C midway down the slide). We got several large pumpkins and a few small ones before taking the very pretty drive back home. All in all, a great weekend morning.
In other October news, I think we've landed on some costume decisions. (At least I really hope, because the costumes were on sale and are non-returnable!!) D is going to be a giraffe. We got it in the mail tonight and she has not taken the costume off except to let her sister wear it. C is going to be a mermaid. I found a costume that was slightly less json benet than the other ones i've seen, and my mom is going to work on it to make it fit her (had to buy a bigger size) and make it look a little less tarty. I have to say, Halloween gets sluttier every year. Butterflies should be butterflies, not "princesses" with wings. 2 year olds should not be wearing sequin bras as part of their mermaid costumes.
No comments:
Post a Comment