They wouldn't be identical twins if they didn't both get sick right? 24 hours after C threw up, D did. I have been thrown up on at least 6 times in the last two days. I feel so, so terrible for them. And to make things worse, we passed it on to C, the new nanny. (K is still going to see them on occasion, but her school schedule this fall is too much for her to work much, and she's probably moving to San Diego early next year).
This has been one of the toughest weeks on record. Not because I couldn't be in Hawaii (we moved it pretty easily and should be there soon enough) but because it is so hard to watch my monkeys suffer. I'm just so glad they got sick before I left..I could not have handled being away from them for any amount of time while they were sick. And yes, it has been hard to try to take care of two sick little ones, who just want to be held. And for the first time I actually wished they watched tv/videos. They have about a 5 minute attention span on anything on tv, which on any other day except a sick day I love. (If, on top of a week of sickness, a ton of weight loss, and a just plain miserable experience, they learn to like tv/videos and I have to spend months denying them, I'm going to be really bitter).
I had mroe eloquent thoughts about the past week, but they were lost somewhere along with about 15 hours of sleep.
My poor, poor little monkeys.
Thursday, September 20, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment