I come from a long line of football lovers. Well, actually, Raider fans. When I was an infant and my parents had no money, my dad was a security guard at Raiders games so that he could see the games. He was a loving father except for Sunday afternoons, when the phrase "move out of the way (you're blocking the TV)" was common. The toilet paper my maternal grandparents used said "This One's for you Al" after the Raiders moved to LA. And perhaps the greatest sign of devotion, my cousin Rich wears a catheter to Raiders games so that he doesn't have to miss anything to use the bathroom (a story that entertained all 15 people in the delivery room as they prepped me for surgery on 1/18/06).
So joining a fantasy football team just seemed like the right thing to do. Andrew (and pKitty) were kind enough to let me join their league. I was lucky enough to get the 5th pick (out of 10), and I was lucky/unfortunate enough to have Andrew as my advisor during the draft (he knows more than me, but his teams generally suck). Personally, I think I did ok. While L won't stand for LaDanian, it hopefully won't stand for Loser either. (Come on Frank Gore!)
And while C and D don't know anything about Fantasy Football yet, they already know that real women wear black...
No comments:
Post a Comment