What did I worry about before I had children? I'm not sure I remember...my love life, my friends, the health of my family...yes, I did and still do worry about these things. But I don't think the worry was constant, and it definitely didn't eat away at me like worrying about my children seems to do. My mom always says that she was only has happy as her unhappiest child, and now I think I understand.
The girls had their 1 year check up today. Dylan is 16lb,9oz and Charlotte is 18lb,12oz. They are also short.. 271/4 and 28 inches. Of course, I'm totally worried about it. I know I'm not a giant, but I would like my daughters to be at least as tall as me. And I'm also worried that Dylan will be a lot shorter than Charlotte. I just don't want her to be known as the "short twin." I'm convinced that it was because they didn't get enough 'food' in utero because they had to share (I read that prenatal health is one of the main reasons each generation gets taller).
I'm sure there are a million other, probably much more important things that I will have to worry about my kids in the future, but for right now this one has center stage. My ped. says that I need to get over it, because if they are short, and they develop a complex about it, it will probably be because I gave it to them. She's right, I know.
Monday, January 29, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment