Thursday, January 25, 2007

Grandpa Michael

Today is my father's birthday. He would be 60 years old today. I took Charlotte and Dylan to see his grave. I plan on telling them a lot about their Grandpa Michael. I want them to know that they have a lot of angels looking down on them, making sure they are ok.

My sister Ro has done a wonderful job of telling her children about their grandfather in heaven. They still don't quite get it but they know about him and have from a very young age. Barrett (age 5) was at an event recently where they were putting notes on helium baloons and releasing them into the air. He put a note that said "I love you Grandpa Michael. Love, Barrett." Of course then he ran up to my sister and asked "So when am I going to meet him?" :-)

Getting flowers before visiting the cemetery was just too much for this crew, but the girls left him something even better...Cheerios...

No comments: