Saturday, January 27, 2007

American Idolizing

I love American Idol. I totally admit this... I didn't get into it until season 4 really...the Carrie Underwood season I think. I would have been really annoyed w/ the Clay Aiken Ruben Studdard year, I can't imagine wanting to watch Fantasia. But now I love it. Last year it was the single biggest thing (besides family of course) that made those NICU weeks bearable. At one point it was three nights a week that I could come home from the NICU and zone out to the stupidities of American Idol. It was a lifesaver. In the girls' baby book (yes, i'm bad and only did one because i thought two was more than i could handle--i'm feeling VERY guilty about this now) there is a section for 'what was happening when you were born' ... i'm sure most kids have the Iraq war, Avian flu, Katrina aftermath... Charlotte and Dylan will see an article on Taylor Hicks. I'm not joking.

Give it a try (and watch Friday Night Lights while you're at it... I freakin' love that show and I want a mexican martini from Trudy's and a night at Donn's Depot every time I see it)
As you can see from the pics (C/D in first, D in second), the girls are more than happy to help me make sure I record it. (And I know, they look like they are dressed identically in top pic...they aren't but it is probably too close. The more twins I meet the more I want to make sure I don't dress them identically).

No comments: