--Apparently the milk gods were a little peeved at my cockiness. I started to feel really sick on Saturday. Achy, chills, figured a cold was on its way. I have been feeling achy a lot lately though and wondered why it was recurring. Started to get a little nervous about it. Sunday I started to feel TERRIBLE. Finally figured it out Sunday evening when I spiked a fever of 102.5.... ahh...mastitis...AGAIN. Just from trying to start the weaning process. Unfortunately this time it took much longer to get better and I'm still not sure I'm there yet. I think I must just be a little rundown and add the feeding two factor in and I'm a prime candidate for it. I'm sure you're thinking 'can it really be that bad?' Oddly enough, the answer is yes. It is like the kind of infection you see in old movies...chills, aches followed by really high fever, break a sweat, start the cycle over again. At least that is how I get it. I mean I spent a day lying in bed watching tv for the first time since bedrest, and it SUCKED.---Monday afternoon Andrew has lasic (sp?) surgery. Apparently 99% of people don't feel more than mild discomfort. Andrew was in severe pain. It was awful to watch and I spent the afternoon/evening taking care of him. Luckily my mom was there to help take care of the girls.
---Kallie found her engagement ring...IN HER POCKET. IT NEVER LEFT IT. She found it inside the lining. I guess it makes sense because no one else was looking in there so it might have been easier to miss. I might not tell my ped this though (or charlotte). And it makes the fact that I left Andrew's shuffle in my pocket and subsequently washed it look not so bad in comparison.
---Monday C woke up w/ a bit of a cold.
---Today Dylan has been REALLY clingy. She wants to be held all day. This wouldn't be a problem, in fact I love it when she is snuggly, but I can't ignore Charlotte. It breaks my heart that I don't have 4 arms. When I wasn't holding Dylan she would lie her head on my knee. Gut wrenching. I think she might be teething, or just exhausted from waking up so early all the time (hint hint Tenacious D, sleep in!) Saint Pegster came over this afternoon which helped.
--And I swear they are starting to get the concept of "Da da"... they go nutso when Andrew walks in the door and I think Charlotte started to say "Da da" when he did.
So we are a bit of a ragtag operation. I go in tomorrow for their 1 year check up and I'm glad because Dylan seems to be struggling a bit of late and I just want to make sure she is ok. (On a more positive front, the girls LOVE their new wagon they got for their birthday from gram and sam ...they feel so grown up and wave to people as they go!)

No comments:
Post a Comment