Monday, December 18, 2006

Things I love



Things I love:
Dylan
---How wiry she is... there isn't a person who has held her who hasn't said something like "she is so strong for such a little thing" or "man she is a mover."
---How she sticks her tongue out at herself when I put the car seat in the car and she sees herself in the mirror I put up to view them.
---How she gets so excited to see Andrew that if I'm holding her she tries to literally move my head out of the way to get to him (she hasn't quite figured out that it is attached to my body).
---That she makes the most bizarre, gutteral noises when excited.
---That she often lays on her back and thrusts her pelvis upward continuously, enough to kinda freak Andrew out and make him sing "Do the Humpty Dance..."

--How when she eats she often moves her bib around to be more of a cape, so we call her "Super D!"
Charlotte
---That she always wants to be held, but once held she wants to use you as her lookout, to enable her to see all things new and interesting.
---That when she sees her lion animal blanket it is as if she is seeing her long lost best friend. She rolls on top of it onto our stomach and rocks her little butt back and forth in excitement.
---How her smile is more of a nose crinkle that lifts up her mouth.
---How her crawl reminds me of Kaiser Sose.
---How, when she eats, she gets a bit of a pirate's sneer her face--Andrew calls it the "arrrrrrgh" face.

Both of them

---Their two front teeth(s). They are coming in and you could drive cruise ships in between them. They might as well have $$ signs on them because they signal a LOT of orthodontia bills. --That they get so excited when I take them into the bakery they almost screech.

--How, when we turn music on, they start shaking their heads and kicking their legs back and forth....REALLY quickly.

--That sometimes when I'm breastfeeding them they reach out and hold each other's hands. (sorry for the visual)

---That often when I carry one into a room that the other is already in, they get huge grins on their faces. They are smiling not at me, but at each other. It is worth every stress over already having two 529s.

My husband.

--I feel kinda weird writing about him. I can gush over my kids but somehow I feel like I'm not supposed to gush over my husband. I swear I'm not saying this to make up for something bad I did (he doesn't read this blog anyway). But seriously, he kicks ass on so many levels that sometimes I can't believe he married me. I am constantly amazed by his ability to manage his work, family, friends, etc. He is so good at prioritizing---both in terms of what he needs to get done but also what is important. If anything, sometimes I think he handles it so well that those of us closest to him don't realize how much he's got going on and we don't support him enough. Sometimes I want to kill him, but mostly I want to thank whomever I'm supposed to thank for sending him to me.



No comments: