Yesterday we went to the plastic surgeon to check out Dylan's skin tag...she has a skin tag at the base of her tailbone...she had a ton of tests when she was first born because skin tags are rare in that area and can point to major spinal problems. Thankfully, it turned out to be just a skin tag. It was how she was originally identified relative to her sister because other than size it is the only thing different about them. I could have left it on her, but truthfully, it was not how I wanted them to be differentiated, and it reminded me a bit of Jason Alexander in Shallow Hal. My daughter was not going to be teased about having "a mini-tail." Never. So it just so happens that there is a great plastic surgeon next to my ped's office, so last time I was in a made an appointment. We go in yesterday and the doctor takes a quick look and says he can remove it right then and there. No anesthesia needed ...he said it would hurt more than just clipping it off. So I held the wiry miss Dylan long enough for him to snip it off. She cried about 5 seconds and then was fine. I had a moment of panic because I thought "If they end up the same size and then something happens to me, who will tell them apart?" (Andrew assures me he will).
As the doctor leave he looks directly at me and says "If there is anything else I can do for you just let me know." Given that there weren't any other obvious skin tags on my daughter, it was pretty clear he meant ME. (I guess he figured, if you are vain enough to bring your 10 month old in to remove a skin tag, you must be vain enough to consider plastic surgery). And yes, maybe I am. And clearly he saw that there were things that need fixing (my stomach is still about two inches further out than it was 2 years ago, and my rack has definitely dropped half a floor). So I took the bait, and he told me all about the breast lifts, tummy tucks, body lifts, etc that he does for mothers, his "biggest clients." And So Dr. Bermudez, we'll see you again after I have my last kid : )
ps. The pic above was part of an attempt to get a Xmas card picture..unfortunately Charlie wanted nothing of it. Complete strangers were coming up, trying to make them laugh, taking pictures of them (which happens kind of a lot, and i try not to freak out about it). Nothing doing, Charlotte sat there like a buddha while dylan mugged for the camera. so we'll try again this weekend i guess.

No comments:
Post a Comment