Both girls are sick again, this time with a typical cold. Their noses keep them from sleeping which doesn't help them get better. It is hard to be a little munchkin and sick. Dylan in particular acts like I am subjecting her to cruel and unusual punishment when I try to blow/wipe her nose. It has also been raining a lot which really cramps our style (though they don't mind the rain shield on the stroller). Charlotte is crawling! It is more of an under-the-wire navy seal maneuver, with the right side strongly favored, but it moves her forward so it counts! I know that A) it is a great sign developmentally, and B) neurologically it is better for her to crawl. So yeah! Of course, our lives are about to COMPLETELY change.
Above is a pic of Charlotte, Olivia, Dylan, and Frances. This is at Frances and Olivia's first birthday party. Frances and Olivia had an even tougher time than the munchkins did making it into this world, so to celebrate their birthday was so much fun! Ashley and Andrew are friends of a college friend of mine (his wife and Ashley went to Georgia together) and they introduced us. They are great and I really love being able to swap suggestions/ideas/stories with Ashley. Ashley and Andrew are both residents at UCSF too, and thus my idols because they are managing everything so well. Their daughters are going to be so proud of their mother the doctor. (Sometimes I envy this... need to figure out what I need to do to make my daughters proud of what I do on a daily basis). Anyway, their party was great and I love seeing the girls together (I think they might be soul sisters...Dylan and Frances are both smaller and always on the move, where as Olivia and Charlotte are a little more chill. D and F were tinier at birth but O and C struggled a little more at birth). I also love that C & D don't look like fly-weights when they hang with Olivia and Frances!

No comments:
Post a Comment