Thursday, June 01, 2006

Charlie Chuckles



So what has been up? Well....

Tonight is the first night we didn't swaddle one of the girls...Charlotte seems to have graduated from the swaddle. Silly thing I know, but as I walked out of the room tonight I thought "I hope I have enough pictures of the two of them swaddled together like little polka dot sausages. It really does go so fast that sometimes it scares me. Andrew keeps teasing me because he says that not being swaddled is the least of the changes that we are going to see.

This past wekend we went to Carmel to visit Gram and Sam. It was great to give the girls a chance to spend more time with their grandparents. The weather was beautiful...I wish Carmel were like that all the time because it could be considered poool weather. Someday soon the girls will be able to enjoy the beach and play in the sand down there. The girls scored about a C+ as travelers though. They were each up 3 times the first night and it did not get much better. They did, however, recover pretty quickly once they got home so we are hoping we can still turn them into decent travelers. We love to travel and we hope they will eventually as well. (Meanwhile, I'm convinced that American Airlines must think I'm dead because I have been Platinum for almost 10 years and then just disappeared off the planet in November. Bummer, but what can you do I guess... )

Dylan is definitely becoming a Daddy's girl...she follows Andrew with her eyes whenever he is in the room. It is as if he is the ONLY person in the room. She also likes to take her shirt off just like Daddy, as you can see from the picture. I wonder when she'll start taking a knee? Both of the girls are starting to coo/babble more and more. Charlotte will talk your ear off if you let her! The last two nights she has talked to herself for a half hour after eating (not sweet). Dylan is quieter but likes to converse mostly with the mobile.

Of course sometimes it still worries me that Charlotte does everything first, but I guess someone has to do things first. Sometimes I don't even think that Charlotte is doing things so much earlier as much as that she is just doing them LOUDER and BIGGER. Charlotte likes an audience more than Dylan. I am going to look into having them tested at 6 months to see how they are progressing developmentally. I have read several things that point to early intervention being the key in these situations. If the girls need a little extra help then I just want to make sure that we get it to them as soon as possible.

And probably the most exciting news of all, Charlotte laughed for the first time this weekend!! It was sort of a chuckle and it was awesome!!

And lastly, on the workfront Macys came back and said that there is no option for a part time buying job. The VP of HR even said that she felt a bit old fashioned that this was the case. I'm disappointed but it makes the immediate decision easier. I am certainly not ready to go back full-time, so I am going to take a leave of absence for up to six months. I am going to start pursuing something to do part-time in the meantime.

Here are pictures from Memorial weekend. I have posted two of my favorite (dylan with daddy and charlotte laughing)

No comments: