Monday, June 26, 2006

Cuzzins

This past weekend was full of a lot of big FIRSTS.

1. The girls took their first plane flight. They were actually pretty good...I think they were so excited to be held for and an hour and a half that they did not make much of a fuss. My new theory is that they are actually pretty easy at this age because they don't need to move around that much. I have, however, turned into the traveler that everyone else avoids. Never before have two front aisle seats been so feared by the other Southwest passengers.

2. The girls met their Dodson cousins. Ainsley was extremely gentle with "Charlwotte and Dyllion." Hayes is adorable, and HUGE! He is 4 pounds shy of weighing as much as the munchkins combined. Hayes and Dylan both tend a little towards the serious side : ). The cousins had a good time together, although I'm not sure that Charlotte and Dylan are that much fun for Ainsley yet. In a few years though they will all be ata great age to play with each other!!

3. The girls met the extended Dodson family...the Racciattis. The Racciattis all look wonderful and were really happy for Tommy this weekend. Ella and Mattie are the cutest little things I have ever seen. At one point I was trying to help Ella eat dessert, and being the rooky with 4 year olds that I am I gave her a bite that was way too big. She said to me in a patient but exasperated tone "I'm 'this big'" (her hands were about 8 inches apart) "so I need a bite 'this big'" (her fingers were a half inch apart). So, so cute.
Tom and Alexis' wedding was beautiful and very representative of them as a couple I think..fun, beautiful and classy without a lot of wedding bells and whistles. Their wedding was the longest I have been away from the girls since they escaped the NICU. It was nice to have a night to dress up and go out with Andrew.

All in all a great trip. We plan on heading up to Deer Valley a lot to ski in the next few years, so we hope the girls get accustomed to altitude!!

No comments: