When Charlotte (in pic) and Dylan gain and maintain weight it is awesome. When mom maintains the weight she gained having them it is not so sweet. I now have what I like to think of as twin wings...sorta like love handles made of extra skin. And yes, like DR, I am split down the middle post c-section which does not help things any. Of course the little munchkins are worth it a thousand times over, but yes, I miss my pre-baby body and wish I had a little more time to chase the dream of getting it back. : ) Hopefully soon enough I'll be chasing the little munchkins enough to get some exercise out of it. Let's see, what else is going on? Well we hired a nanny to help a few hours a week. She is here now which is the only reason I'm actually able to write. Her name is Kallie and she is a graduate of Berkeley and getting her masters in speech pathology. As I write this she is trying to calm Charlotte to sleep. I'm looking forward to having some help, because A) it gives me some one on one time with the ladies; B) it gives me a little time to run errands so that I don't have to drag the girls everywhere; C) it might give me a little time to chase the pre-baby body dream; and D) eventually will give me the time I need to look for a part-time job hopefully. I am also hoping it gives me the help I sometimes need to develop better routines for the girls. For example, when I am alone I often feed them to sleep for naps, or lay down next to them in my bed (which honestly doesn't really work that well w/ two babies anyway, which makes me sad because I like snuggling with them). I am hoping that Kallie can help me get on the path to not feeding them to sleep all the time, and then eventually the two of us can work to get them to lay down awake and put themselves to sleep. I realize that as I write this it sounds as if she will be here a lot, when in fact it will only be about 8 hours a week right now. But hey, it is a start!!
We have had lots of Dad time lately and we like that a lot. We are probably getting spoiled but that is ok. It is so nice to have him there to put the girls to sleep at night...Andrew calms them better than I do. I'm lucky that I am the food source or I could be out a job!!
Oh, and guess who is laughing.... DYLAN!!!! When you give her a zerbert on her belly, when you swing her for "tick tock" when you put a little stuffed bug that vibrates close to her face, when the stuffed monkey 'talks' to her and sometimes when you just laugh too. It isn't as much of a gutteral laugh as Charlotte's it is more of a giggle... and it is adorable.

No comments:
Post a Comment