 |
| D chilly but chowing on S'mores |
 |
| C loves s'mores |
Last night we went camping--on a golf course. Good friends of ours belong to a golf course up in Marin and they invited us to their annual camp out. Andrew was at first hesitant because he was really tired from travel, but I convinced him that this was the closest and easiest way this team was going to get to camping in a while. So we borrowed sleeping bags (thanks Krista!) and rented a tent. We felt pretty tough bringing our 20 month old until we realized Tina was bringing her 4 month old--and sleeping outside without a tent!! So while we couldn't win points for toughness, we still had a great time. We went on a hay ride, ate dinner (bbq! ice cream sundae bar! beer!), made s'mores, and watched a bit of a movie. And in the end we all slept in one tent and the only people who seemed to have trouble sleeping were Andrew and me. It was definitely much colder than normal for this time of year (typical for this summer), but all in all a great family excursion.
I was feeling pretty smug about the experience I'd just given my kids until I heard D tell Gram that "on the way back from breakfast at the clubhouse, we saw a deer!" Sort of took the crunchy right out of my sails. But at a certain point in life I guess you accept at least parts of who you are. And like it or not, I think we're Glamour Campers.
No comments:
Post a Comment