And then out of the back, my San Francisco raised daughter says, "And if the family is a family of two Mommies then they would really be in trouble there." I don't know what made me laugh more--the absurdity of our conversation, the absurdity of the notion, or the truth in the comment.
Sunday, August 15, 2010
California Girl
Today we were driving across the GGB and we were discussing the Supreme Court. I was trying to explain to them what it was and the significance of Sandra Day O'Connor (I had been listening to some random discussion on NPR about her). Somehow this led to a discussion about places in the world where people aren't treated equally. And they started asking questions about Saudi Arabia (yes, somehow we have talked about this before, I know, I don't know what the hell I was thinking). They wanted to know more about what things women couldn't do there. I told them that women couldn't drive a car there. They were shocked and came up with all of these scenarios that would be problematic because women couldn't drive.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment