Tuesday, August 03, 2010

Desperately Seeking a Zoltar Machine


I'll have what they are having.
I can be a superhero, or a ballerina, or a pirate, too.
I can wear big girl underwear too.

Lila B wants to be BIG. With all her heart, and within every chubby joint, both extremely wide feet, and that little 19 month old gut lies the soul of a wanna be four and a half year old. If there is a bike in sight she wants to ride it. If there is a 'nack she wants to have one too. If C and D are wearing something she wants to wear the same thing. If they drink out of a glass she wants nothing to do with sippy cups. If they are swimming in the deep end that's where she's gonna go too. If they aren't using inner tubes neither is she. Luckily C and D don't mind her tagging along, in fact I think they love it.

Hear this Lila B. I don't WANT you to get bigger. I like you little and chubby and unopionated. I already feel cheated that I had two kids at once. I don't want to have three 4.5 year olds.

No comments: