

My favorite part of the trip was Saturday afternoon. Andrew was golfing with my brother and co, and my mom very nicely took Lila home to nap. Lindsay, trooper extraordinaire, spent the rest of the afternoon with myself, charlotte, dylan, and michael. It was like a whirlwind summer adventure. We started in the pool. After spending a few hours playing and water sliding with everyone else, C, D, and M played for hours in the pool without stopping, and Lindsay and I threw balls to them and played with them. Then we went to a roller rink. None of them had ever roller skated before but that did not deter them. And btw, roller skating is hard if you don't know how! Lindsay had C, I had D, and M was a little bit on his own, and those kids went around way more times than I thought they would. And they were all determined to "do it themselves." Then, they saw the bungee jumping set up, and they begged. When I found out that they only had to be 20lb to do it (hell, Lila could do it) I said sure. They had a BLAST jumping up and down and learning to flip over (and we called Barrett and he happily joined. And they had so much fun we did it again the next day). Then they saw the ropes course and begged to do that too! But by then I was tired just watching them so we called it quits for the day. They were exhausted but elated by the day.
I was so proud of my girls that day. That may not be the most athletic kids out there, but they are adventurous. I LOVE how they generally see new things as something exciting, and they are game to try. I want so badly to nurture that attitude because it is, well, just awesome.




No comments:
Post a Comment