Thursday, November 13, 2008

Breakable Baby

...and other comments.


  • C and D were talking about what they would do with the new baby. They said they would hold it and I said "You can hold it but you have to be VERY careful. Babies are very delicate." After a pause, D asks:"Is the baby made of glass?"
  • Me (after D did yet another thing she knew she shouldn't): "Dylan, why do you do something that you know you're not supposed to do?" (I know, dumb question). D's answer: "I'm just experimenting."
  • C and D like to flip through magazines, ask me if I need something (a new kitchen, blue shoes, a new car) and then proceed to "order it online." C apparently saw a picture of a man in a magazine. C: "Mommy, do you need a new Daddy?"
  • C, after seeing a friend's nursery for a baby on the way: "Mommy, where is our baby going to sleep?" Really good question. Who freakin' knows.
  • C, ready and willing to share all with the world, as we are driving: "Was that my bum talking???? Yes Charlotte!"
  • Me, after a VERY loud noise came out of D's bum (children have definitely gotten me over some of my major 'bathroom humor issues'): "Was that you passing gas? Was your bum talking?" D: "Yes." Me: "What did it say?" D: "Buon giorn'ono" (her version of "Hello" in Italian)
  • C: "We don't want Bedo to come today because then Daddy would miss the mask wearing." Andrew was out of town, and the "mask wearing" refers to pics of Andrew all decked out in scrubs before walking into the operating room for c/d's birth.
  • D: "I want to read "American Express."" (The Polar Express, as interpreted by a child who might understand way too much about credit cards already).

No comments: