They took their giraffe and elephant backpacks filled with their plastic monkeys, "Thomas the Train owie (one of those things for cold packs but they just like to carry around), picture books that I made for them so they could look at pics of themselves and their families, and for a special treat, lion, giraffe, bunny, and lion. (I thought about putting them in hairclips w/ C and D but ordered a little too late. Luckily they had name tags.)
C and D did about what I expected them to do. They cried and held on to me (Andrew came but had to leave before I did) and wrapped their legs around me when I tried to put them down. It was pretty brutal. But I hugged and kissed them goodbye and then walked out, trying hard not to cry myself. Two minutes later I couldn't hear them crying. They were pretty excited to see me at the end of the day, but they did seem to have a good time. (And they were sitting RIGHT next to each other when I returned. Very sweet). So hopefully we made the right decision to send them to an afternoon program.
I am glad they are starting off on this new phase in life, but I'm crushed too. Although some days are tough, these days and years seem to be moving way too fast. Please stop growing up monkeys.
P.S. Sadly, this might be the only picture taken of me during this pregnancy. I keep asking A to take a mid-pregnancy pic but no luck yet (Andrew, is it still passive aggressive if I've already asked you directly several times?!? :))

No comments:
Post a Comment