Wednesday, September 10, 2008

3 sessions of school in....

and we have our first illness : ). C got a fever last night. And I think I'm secretly happy because it gives me an excuse to keep them home from school and let them sleep instead.

Things have been going ok with school, but the sleep issue has been brutal. I feel like a bit of a spaz for being so stressed about this, but if you saw how out of control tired they are after school you might sympathize a little more. They behave well at school, come home, and completely meltdown. It is like they have no control over their behavior. They randomly bite each other, grab each other, cry, throw tantrums, and generally lose their minds. It is hard to get mad at them because they are so out of their minds exhausted. And I feel bad because it is just me trying to soothe them both (even when Andrew is in town there's no way he can be home before 6:30ish). The other mothers seem more relaxed than me, which I chalk up to A) they are cooler, better mothers than me, B) many of them have kids who have already dropped naps, and/or C) they don't have twins.

I keep wondering if I made a mistake, though I do really like the school. But I do feel so terribly guilty for sending them to a new and sometimes scary place when they really want to be sleeping. (They are still crying when I leave them, which sucks. I really don't think they would if they were not tired). Hopefully they will adjust eventually (withOUT dropping naps completely)....

No comments: