Tuesday, March 03, 2009

It is the Thought that Counts
















In the general spirit of our lives these days, we couldn't get our act together for C/Ds party until Feb 28 (@40 days after their birthday). But the day finally came and we had a blast at Pump it Up. C and D love bouncing around and going down slides with A.
And when it comes to parties, we ask for no gifts, so when C and D think parties, they think CAKE. We talked ad nauseum about what cake each girl wanted. C wanted everything pink. D wanted chocolate cake with chocolate frosting and red writing. They even picked out different candles. The morning of the party they picked up the cakes with A. As we were leaving for the party C said with the cutest voice "Mommy have you seen my cake? It's beautiful." I'll never forget it.

We get to Pump it Up. I open up the trunk and for a second I wonder why one of the water bottle flats is sitting on top of a smashed pink box. Then I realize. Andrew had stacked the water bottle flats and one had slid off and onto C's cake. PANIC ensued. I think C was more upset that we were upset than anything else. We called my mom and chris and once again they saved our bums--running to pick up cupcakes that spelled out CHARLOTTE.
In the end, C was a good sport and she still loves to tell people "Daddy smashed my cake!"






No comments: