And that would make me incredibly stupid. Why? Oh let me count the ways. Let's start with the basics. A kid due Jan 6? A Dec 30th c section? Two days after my birthday!! With two other kids at home not yet 3? And moving two weeks after a c-section?
- For having a kid at this time of year--both because it is a brutal time to have a birthday, and being this pregnant around the holidays SUCKS for your other kids. Not to mention that I feel selfish being so worried about not going into labor when it is for purely selfish reasons, not health related reasons, that I am worried.
- For having 3 kids in 3 years. Someday I think I will think it was a great call because hopefully they will all be close enough to be friends, but right now I just keep thinking "what was the rush again?" The other day i was in a store buying gifts and I turn around to find that C and D have pulled the grocery cart on top of themselves. People were quick to help me get them up and put things back in our cart and as I effusively thanked them they said "Well you look like you have your hands full." Translation: "You're an idiot, but I feel bad for you anyway." (Which is better than the other translation that sometimes applies: "Where's your nanny? Don't all twin moms have full-time nannies who go everywhere with them?" Or worse "I don't fault you for the twins, but clearly you could have done something about that giant basketball underneath your shirt.")
- For moving 2 weeks after a new baby (and a csection). Again, we are pretty excited about the apartment so I think it was the right call, but right now it just seems so daunting. I mean packing seems like a good way to induce, not stave off labor, wouldn't you think?
- For living in San Francisco. Let's not get into that right now I guess, but just think: $,$,$.
So feel free to call me stupid. I know I do.
Some pics of C in blue and D in red

No comments:
Post a Comment