Monday, August 04, 2008

Tahoe

The Valim (Carpenter/Dodson/Vimont) family trekked it up to Tahoe for the weekend to see my brother Mikie and hang out. Andrew flew in from Rhode Island to Reno (yeah, 12+ hour trip when all is said and done...awesome!) and made it for half the time. We had a great time and I realized how much I miss both my brother Mikie and Tahoe. I miss Mikie because he is one of the funniest, sweetest guys I know and he's a great uncle (well, when he calls you back : )). I miss Tahoe because I love the smell, the mountain air, the weather. I miss summertime (no, we don't get one in this city--I mean what can you expect from such a cheap place to live!)


C and D LOVE spending time with their cousins. They are obsessed with Barrett and Michael, who are incredibly sweet to them (Michael kept coming up just to "pat their heads.") My favorite time up there was the first 10 minutes we got into the house---Michael explored the house we were renting and C/D followed. Michael led the charge as two little girls in nothing but boys briefs ran around after him, laughing at everything he did. (I'm so excited for C/D to have a little boy cousin nearby soon!)

We had a great time at the pool playing and going down slides, and the girls even got to try their hands at golf (thanks Uncle Daniel for the lesson...Uncle Mikie we will be hitting you up soon to teach C/D!!) While the coustins were here we also got to ride Thomas the Train (with the Dholakias too). While there the girls wanted nothing to do with us, which left my Mom and Chris w/ 4 (of their soon to be NINE grandkids) and Andrew wondering if there was a "Thomas bar" on on the premises. (Believe me, if they could have made money off of a bar, they would have done it...what a RACKET). Finally, we got to play outside on the waterslide at my mom's house.

Here are some pics of our trip and the activities we did while they were in town (a golf video to come but I haven't gotten everything back on my computer yet...ugh)

No comments: