"I swear."
Sometimes I feel the odd desire to tell strangers this. Maybe it's because I am often meeting people with no makeup on, in exercise clothes because I keep thinking I might get to exercise at some point, and hair that hasn't been washed in three days (when you are pregnant and have dark hair, you can at least get away with this). Maybe it is because I gained 11 lb in 5 freakin' weeks. Maybe it is because I work from home and usually rush to get on the computer when my babysitter shows up rather than take a few minutes to say, brush my teeth. Maybe it is because I seriously need a makeup overhaul. Maybe it is because post-babies my hair went from straight and fine to almost CURLY and I have no idea what to do w/ it and don't get to straighten often enough. Maybe it is because I have all of two seconds to spend time getting myself ready most days.
I know, I know, I'm such a freakin' whiner. Sometimes I think videoconferencing would be a great addition to my current work environment--or at least a good forcing mechanism. But mostly, and I can't believe I'm saying this, I think I miss my vanity a little bit (maybe I just frontloaded it too much into the early years).
Sometimes I feel the odd desire to tell strangers this. Maybe it's because I am often meeting people with no makeup on, in exercise clothes because I keep thinking I might get to exercise at some point, and hair that hasn't been washed in three days (when you are pregnant and have dark hair, you can at least get away with this). Maybe it is because I gained 11 lb in 5 freakin' weeks. Maybe it is because I work from home and usually rush to get on the computer when my babysitter shows up rather than take a few minutes to say, brush my teeth. Maybe it is because I seriously need a makeup overhaul. Maybe it is because post-babies my hair went from straight and fine to almost CURLY and I have no idea what to do w/ it and don't get to straighten often enough. Maybe it is because I have all of two seconds to spend time getting myself ready most days.
I know, I know, I'm such a freakin' whiner. Sometimes I think videoconferencing would be a great addition to my current work environment--or at least a good forcing mechanism. But mostly, and I can't believe I'm saying this, I think I miss my vanity a little bit (maybe I just frontloaded it too much into the early years).

No comments:
Post a Comment