Sunday, July 13, 2008

If only...

Yesterday morning Andrew and I were hustling to get the girls over to my mom's for a 'slumber party night' so we could go up to Napa with a group of HBS friends in town for the weekend. (Thank you Mom and Chris!!!) Andrew had gone out with the girls to pick up bagels and they were back sitting on the couch eating them. He showed the girls the Wherethehellismatt video and I come in to find C and D huddled next to Andrew, bopping up and down to the music (my kids never look so angelic as when I am about to escape them for a little R&R :)). Andrew was pointing out all the different places to C/D.

I said to them "Someday you can visit all those places too."

C looks at me and with the sweetest smile ever and says "With Mommy and Daddy."

And all that went through my mind was "Oh god, but by then you won't want to go with us!"

I almost cried just thinking about it.

No comments: