Every Sat morning C and D's first words are "Daddy ALL DAY." (Sometimes they get confused and say this on a weekday...bummer). Well this weekend they got a big hit of Daddy. They were going through Daddy withdrawal because he'd been gone all week, so they wanted nothing to do with me anyway (fine by me!). On Sunday Andrew had them for much of the day as I was at my Mom's for Andrea's (Sister-in-law) baby shower.
They had a fun-filled weekend. They started both mornings with a 'golf picnic'--after getting hot chocolate and bagels they sat and ate breakfast while watching the British Open with Andrew. Although sometimes it annoys me that he turns the TV on with them, I generally jump off my tv soap box for sports. As long as he's teaching them about the sport and engaging with them (as opposed to watching while they play around him) I'm all for it. And they actually enjoy it! They get upset when the golf is interrupted by a commercial or an interview (and it's GOLF). Maybe watching sports doesn't lead to playing, but right now I'm betting on some kind of causal effect. (My only beef w/ him is that he needs to watch more female sports).
So first some sports, then a trip to the park. I love how Andrew comes home and tells me things I've been telling him for weeks. He says to me "They are fearless to the point of reckless at the park. They climb up everything and anything and swing off everything and anything. Other parents were freaking out as I was catching one and the other was standing at the top of a huge dome she'd climbed up." Oh really? You don't say? Now imagine having another baby in a bjorn and dealing with the--literally--monkeys. Good fun! (Who are the jackasses having three in three??!)
I knew they'd spent a lot of time w/ A this weekend when I was reading them a bedtime story and there's a pic of a rabbit sliding down a staircase. D points and says "He shouldn't do that. That's dangerous. He's going to fall down and get a cast on his leg. Just like Sergio."
And C corrects her, "No Dylan. Sergio doesn't have a cast. Tiger has a cast. So he can't play."
Monday, July 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment