Thursday, April 17, 2008

I have no idea where she learned that...

Tonight Andrew came home right as I was putting D/C down. They insist on getting eskimo kisses from A, and they insist on him wearing a hat when he kisses them. Tonight A put on his Duke hat and walked up to D in the crib. She looks at him, looks at his hat and says "Duke is a safety school" in her lyrical little voice.

I almost pee'd in my pants.

And this is for Gram who is in Vegas celebrating her birthday!



(and yes, they are eating s'mores for the first time and in HEAVEN. i figure that if their grandmothers are indications of their genes, they aren't at risk of obesity...and watching them eat something like s'mores for the first time is sheer heaven for me.)

PS. Even better, next morning we met A for lunch. Afterwards we threw pennies into the fountain nearby. I asked C what she wished for---"I wished for Stanford." She has no idea what she is saying, but who cares! There are lots of drawbacks to being the one home more, but there are clearly some advantages.

No comments: