We got into a preschool!
The good news is that it is a preschool we like, the bad news is that it is in the afternoon program. I was very worried at first because C/D are pretty good nappers and go down right about the time school would start. So at first I thought we'd have to decline. I talked to a bunch of people, from parents of twins in the program to the sleep/behavioral consultant I've worked with in the past. AND I thought about how many hours I'd put into this the first time around and decided that I would be insane to turn it down. So we're going to give it a shot.
(And btw, the joke is that even though I put in ALL the hours, I think we got in because of Andrew's integrity (long story). So what is the lesson here...that it isn't how much work you put into something but who you marry??)
So C/D are headed to a preschool guided by Jewish values and culture. I think it will be a great opportunity for them to be introduced to universal religious principles and to experience religious diversity. (Not to mention that this cements Andrew's status as a "Jew Groupie"). If the girls have any questions that my Catholic *ss can't answer, they can hopefully ask one of their many wonderful Jewish aunts and uncles for answers.
Saturday, April 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Woo hoo! Jewish preschool! Just think, 11 years from now we'll all be hanging at their bat-mitzvah.
here, here. molly, i'll happily share some yiddish so you know what the girls are saying about you...
Post a Comment