Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Want some candy little girl?

Today I took D and C to get haircuts after a long trip to the Discovery Museum. They were tired but the mullets they were sporting had to go.

As soon as we got near the place D started saying "no no no!!" She pretty much cried from the moment I brought her in to the moment she was back in my arms afterward. The women there tried everything to calm her down, from showing her toys to trying to sing to her to pointing to her in the mirror, and finally, in a moment of desperation, I agreed to let her try a lollipop for the first time (really, her first bite of candy). She wasn't having ANY of it. She could NOT be bought. When she was finally in my arms she took a few licks of the lollipop, then said "bye bye lollipop" and handed it back to me.

C became upset when I put her in the chair. She started to cry, but then after dealing w/ D I was exhausted so I let them go straight for the big guns. C took one lick of that lollipop, pulled it out, looked at it, shoved it back in her mouth, went completely silent and sat PERFECTLY STILL the entire time with a vice grip around that lollipop. They could have shaved her bald and she wouldn't have cared. At the end, when I asked her to throw it away since the haircut was done she said "KEEP IT" (but then finally relented).

And their haircuts are too short because A) I wanted to avoid the next traumatic haircut for as long as possible and B) I secretly harbor visions of my daughters looking like Caroline Kennedy as a little girl and attempted to give them a similar haircut.

Here they are splashing in the rain.

No comments: