Tuesday, January 22, 2008

On the Charts!!



We had our two year check up today.

First, we're on the charts! I think they might have given c/d an extra half inch because we measured them on new growth charts and they were a little shorter, but whatever. C came in at 33 inches and 24lb, 11 oz. This puts her in the 25th percentile in height and weight for her actual age...and 90th percentile for head circumference (hmm...hoping just to accommodate a big brain : ) and it will even out at some point?). But 25th percentile actual age? Not too shabby!

D came in at 32 inches and 22lb, 8 oz. This puts her in the 5th percentile for weight and the 10th percentile for height...and the 70th percentile for head circumference. At least she's on the actual age charts!!! And if we doubled their heights D would end up 5'3"-5'4" and C would end up 5'5"-5'6" ... who knows how accurate that is, but it certainly takes them out of really short range. YEAH!!!!!

In other areas, we're going to check in again regarding D's asthma after she finishes the 3 month of inhaled steroids she's currently on. And we are going to monitor D's skin better...she has and has had "bites" that seem to look like something other than mosquito bites, or there are just too many of them to be bug bites. If it continues I'm taking her to a dermatologist to see what they are (ie. a virus? allergic reaction?)
We are also going to get D assessed by a physical therapist to see if there is anything we can do to help her strenghen her core. And if they don't learn to jump close to age 2 and a half I should start exploring why (ie. do they need occupational therapy). (Thanks to DR I looked well versed in milestones they should be reaching because otherwise once they started walking I was kinda like "ok, sweet. check off the physical stuff.")

But all in, a good checkup. I even took them by myself and got the monkeys to stay relatively calm most of the time. They're growing up! (way too fast)

No comments: