Thursday, January 17, 2008

Missing Month

I expect to look back on the last weeks as the "missing month." Meaning a month without interesting blogs, fun memories, or enough sleep. To give you an idea, my December photo folder has 190 pictures in it, my Jan 08 only has five. Why?

--No help for last 7 weeks.
--I've been billing hours--not unbelievable hours--but more than naptime hours.
--I've been trying to get my children into preschool. Sadly, this probably isn't going to happen (definitely the subject of a later post). That doesn't mean, however, that it isn't an extremely taxing activity to NOT get your kids into preschool.
--My mom is out of the country= no bat phone.
--Andrew has been traveling.
--I adore my little monkeys and it pains me to watch them have to deal with strangers coming to take care of them.

For example, last night I was preparing for a night of working late (A was out of town). But then C started throwing up and instead I spent the first part of the night up with her and the second part up worrying why SHE wasn't still up (Answer: I think she had more of a slight 'food poisoning' than the actual flu). I had a 6am call because it is the only time I can be sure to be without kids. Then I had to leave my tired little girls with a semi-stranger (a friend's nanny who was nice enough to help) to go visit a preschool that I'm 99% sure they won't get into anyway, but on the 1% shot they might get in I had to go so I wouldn't always wonder if it was because I bailed on the tour.

The bottom line is that I am starting to question if I should be working AT ALL. I know the answer is YES because it will make me happier in the long run, but right now something is definitely off kilter.

Of course really, it isn't bad. In the big picture, everything is awesome. The little picture could just use a little tweaking.

As the girls would say "Oh MAN!" (no idea where they got it from either).

No comments: