C and D have a habit of saying "Thank you X" in the middle of playing with something that someone gave them. For example, while playing with their kitchen they often stop and say "Thank you Gram and Sam." It is very sweet.
There's only one problem--I'm not getting any credit.
Now I realize that C and D are blessed with two sets of kick ass grandparents. And their grandparents are so great that it means we don't have to give them a lot at holidays, etc (because we figured at this age, how would they notice that mom and dad weren't as generous?) Well apparently I was wrong because in their world ANYTHING worth getting came from someone other than their parents. Case in point. I gave the girls doggy purses for their birthday. They LOVE them. Today D was playing with is and she stops and says "Thank you Gram and Sam for doggy purse." I said "Actually I gave you the doggy purse." She looked at me like "Stop spreading such blasphemy!!!" then started crying and yelled "THANK YOU GRAM AND SAM!!!!"
Uh, ok.
Sunday, January 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment