Tuesday, January 01, 2008

DV Trip and the New Year

First, we had a great time in Deer Valley. Andrew and I took turn skiing so that we could both get a little bit of ski fix. C and D weren't quite sure what to do with the snow, but they loved hanging out with their cousins, aunt and uncle, and grandparents. All in all a great time, and trips to Utah will only get better as the girls get older and can ski!!!

And maybe my favorite part of the trip? On the way home C dropped her lion to the side of her car seat. She started yelling for lion, then she got quiet, and then from behind me I hear "I GOT IT!" and I turn around to find C with the lion in her hand and the most triumphant look on her face ever. I think she was as proud of herself for coming up with those three words as she was for retrieving the lion.

And now, for my very brief resolutions:
--Start traditions.
--Learn to cook, at least just a little bit, so that we can start to eat more as a family (see first resolution).
--Take a little bit better care of myself so I can take better care of my family.
(and i know these sound kinda silly, but the big important ones are kinda 'lifetime' resolutions)

Here's to a lucky year!

No comments: