I used to live in different places... in fact, I don't think I spent more than 18 months in any one apartment until the one I'm in now. Now I feel like my world is incredibly small--I spend 90% of my time w/in a 3 mile radius of my home. I'm not exactly expanding my horizons with new places and faces. Sometimes I miss the "big things."
But, then again, I'm rediscovering little things. I know our garbage man's name, and I wave to him every Tuesday morning. Every bus that passes by is exciting. Bubbles...how cool are bubbles! Trampolines...you can fall on trampolines....and they don't hurt! Fire engines are big, beautiful, and awe inspiring. Forks...they make every bite more interesting. Hats are fun! Straws...awesome. Everything looks better from the seat of a Radio Flyer wagon. And does ANYTHING taste as good as vanilla ice cream??!!
Someday I hope I'll have the time and resources to discover more of the Big Things with the ones I love. But somehow I know that when I do, I'll wish I could go back to the days when I spent my time seeing all the Little Things.

No comments:
Post a Comment