Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Toughest Grandma on the Block


"Your mother is so tough" -- Andrew.

This is a picture of my mother holding Dylan. No, I didn't hit her, the playground did. She was with the girls at the park, kneeling down with them next to a big structure. Charlotte went to try to crawl up the slide, and my mother jumped up to stop her. She didn't realize that there was a bullhorn sticking out from the structure and she slammed her browbone into it.

I don't know what is craziest:
--That she must have jumped up with so much force...
--That she didn't pass out (a mother there who saw it happen offered to call the paramedics!)
--That her awful, horrible daughter didn't IMMEDIATELY make her lay down when she saw her mother come home with a GOLF BALL coming out of her forehead (oh no, i had her help me feed C/D and put them to bed! who brought the *sshole?!)
--That she takes the munchkins to the park (and has even taken them overnight) by herself in the first place...

So yes, now she has a ghastly shiner and I feel incredibly guilty about it. Worse, the other day she said she went into a store, had to leave for a few minutes. When she returned the people there were discussing "domestic violence."

1 comment:

Suds said...

I want Peggy on my Fight Club team