Monday, February 12, 2007

Random Thoughts

--I don't understand why, but the girls love to stick their fingers in each others mouths. It is like they are sticking their fingers in those bags filled with skinned grapes we used to be given at Halloween. They do it w/ trepidation AND excitement. And then what do you know...the one with the mouth chomps down, and out comes a loud scream from the finger owner. I try to stop it when I see it, but sometimes I'm too late. What I don't get is why about 20 seconds after she stops crying, she starts to move the finger towards the mouth AGAIN!!

--Sometimes at dinner Tenacious D starts to make this grunting noise. She looks like she is about to do you-know-what, and so I start to smile at her nicely because I want to encourage her. Then I realize she's trying to be funny! She makes these weird grunting noises several times, and then laughs! Charlotte watches, and then starts making the same noises. It's a little odd.

--C & D actually play best when I'm 'not around' so sometimes I step away and watch from afar.

--Sometimes they are both headed in the same direction and they end up in a bottleneck. It is the CUTEST thing in the world to watch because it's like they can't figure out what is happening. They are cruising along and all of a sudden they get 'stuck' (like in a door jam). Most of the time they start wailing, occasionally one of them figures out a way to climb OVER her sister.

--God HELP me if I start to bring a bowl or plate of food towards them and then turn around for some reason. They ERUPT. I get this "ta ta ta ta ta" from Dylan... from Charlotte I just get these shrieks of dismay--sort of like "how you could DO that to me?!" When hungry they are a force to be reckoned with...

--If I give C a strip of string cheese she shoves the whole thing in her mouth. If I give it to D she aggressively bites it off piece by piece.

May I be lucky enough to have thousands of days that go by One Cheerio at a Time

Here's a video of them at the park on their birthday. As you can see, I'm more pro-experiences than I am anti-germ : ).

No comments: