

Life has changed CONSIDERABLY in the last few weeks. The munchkins are crawling all over the place and into EVERYTHING. I probably shouldn't admit this, but I found Charlotte licking the toilet seat lid yesterday (according to LJ studies show that the toilet seat is actually a LOT cleaner than say, the kitchen sink). Each day we discover something else that we need to "baby proof"--the tall lamp (they shake it and might pull it down), the side table (they climb up on it and could topple it), the dvd player (they hit every button possible), the pantry (charlotte digs her teeth into the apple sauce containers to poke holes in the foil so she can suck out the juice), the garbage can in the bathroom (knock it over), tv stand drawers (they either open up and remove all cds/dvds, or worse, get their fingers stuck in the drawer), etc. It's been interesting, to say the least. Good thing I think they are cute.
I am also finding myself faced with what my friend Karen John aptly described as a "daily Sophie's Choice." Now that they can crawl, pull themselves up, and throw themselves on me, I'm constantly having to choose who to pick up, hold, etc. It sucks, and I really wish I had more hands.

No comments:
Post a Comment