If you want to know who the girls love almost as much as 'da da,' I can tell you--their lions. Back when we were initially sleep training them several people suggested I get them animal blankets, sleep with them for a few nights so they smelled like me, and then give to them during bedtimes to have something to cuddle.
I remember the day this happened that I was in a hurry and desperate to do anything to make sleep training easier, so i bought the first animal blankets i found--ugly but incredibly soft green lions from Manhattan Baby. A few weeks later my mom found these adorable ones that apparently also have proteins embedded in them that help prevent asthma (who knows, but sounds good!) As cute as these other animal blankets are, they are a distant second to the love affair c/d have with the lions.
Somewhere along the way we decided to only give them to them at bedtime, and that turned out to be a GREAT call because now when we are putting them to bed they get all excited and happy to see their lions. They throw their faces into them, roll around on the floor with them, and look up at us like we just gave them a lifetime supply of cookies. When they first started learning to pull themselves up in their cribs they struggled w/ getting up and keeping hold of the lion. Then they remembered they had teeth! They now just stick the lions in their mouths and that frees up their hands to climb and crawl!!
Our only issue now is that if they happen to see the other person's lion they try to get it, because of course two lions are better than one. I just found a "Giraffe" by the same company and I'm trying to figure out if I can slowly transition one from Lion to Giraffe so that they each feel like they have their own special animal.
Their new trick is to drop things on the floor and say "ought oh" ...unfortunately they started doing this with their lions, but then they are heartbroken without them. About a week ago I heard them waking up from a nap..usually they wake up and kinda chit chat for awhile. But then I heard Charlotte basically sobbing, and I walked in to find her looking forlornly down at her lion w/ tears running down her face. Luckily all I had to do was give her back Lion and the world was a good place again.
Here are D & C waving to me when I came in to their room right after a nap.
And since i've been watching way too much TV lately while I write website content, I have to say--a ferry accident???! Falling off a pier...can't she swim?! I mean are they TRYING to make it easy for Andrew to rip on the show? The only good part of that episode was getting a quick hit of Coach Taylor. That show has TANKED in the last year. If you don't know what I'm talking about, consider yourself lucky.

No comments:
Post a Comment